In this inaugural episode of Love Who You Are, I’m joined by DevaTree Co-Founder, therapist, author, meditation teacher trainer, and Emotion Code Practitioner, Tamika Schilbe Cole.
Episode 001: Are you feeling disconnected, stuck, or out of touch with your spirituality lately? Are you looking for more peace, connection, or synchronicity in your life? In this episode Tamika discusses how each of us are powerful, creative Beings with the power to speak to, and receive guidance, from our Higher Self. Tamika shares her meditation journey, resistance to meditation, and what her practice has evolved into. She talks about how positive risk-taking has helped her make progress, even at the scariest of times.
- How a daily check-in with ourself (and our Guides) can help us navigate personal struggles.
- How speaking out loud when talking to our Guides (God, the Universe etc.) and setting up regular “dates” with them helps call in their support.
- Why people resist meditation and how they can overcome it.
- The elusive meditation “slipstream.”
- Even if we’re distracted in our meditation practice, positive effects from sitting in stillness can show up hours or even days later.
- When meditation doesn’t seem to be working for you, don’t give up!
- Experiment with different forms and teachers until one resonates.
- We are more than just this physical body. When we forget, our Guides can help us remember!
About the Guest:
Tamika Schilbe Cole, MSW, RSW, E-RYT-1000, is a therapist in private practice, author, meditation teacher trainer, and Emotion Code Practitioner. She’s the author of the #1 bestselling book Truthaches: Everything You Need to Know About Speaking—and Living—Your Truth. As co-founder of DevaTree, Tamika has created and facilitated numerous trainings and retreats, certifying hundreds of yoga and wellness leaders. Originally trained at the Nosara Yoga Institute in Costa Rica in 2001, Tamika directed their first Canadian 200-hr YTT and their first advanced-level teacher training. She is a former university faculty, college instructor, and Toronto Yoga Conference faculty. For three decades students have experienced the warmth, humour, and transformational power of Tamika’s teachings. Her mission is to empower people to trust their voice, speak their truth, and create more clarity, power, and freedom in their lives.
Intro Music by Brenda McMorrow – All One Song from the album “My Heart Bows Down to You”. brendamcmorrow.com