This intensive training is a total immersion in yoga teacher training. The training takes place over several weeks allowing for a unique and transformative experience. With the chance to unplug from the frenetic pace of everyday life, this extended retreat training can be the catalyst for profound change. It provides the chance to focus wholly on yoga teacher training, away from daily routines. Terra Kula Eco-Education Site provides an amazing opportunity to blend yoga and nature. The setting lends its healing and transformative powers, providing an additional way into the self through the natural world. Settle into the natural rhythms and cycles. Be astounded by the greatness of this earth on which we walk. Open to a connection with something bigger than ourselves. This immersion allows for renewal and recharging on all levels of being.
Located in the beautiful hills of Mulmur, ON, Terra Kula Eco-Education Site provides an amazing backdrop for the unique opportunity to blend yoga and nature together. Set on 32 acres, with two ponds, this property allows for self-exploration, quiet contemplation and selfdiscovery in the natural world. We are completely “off-grid”, with no electricity or plumbing. Classes are held in the yurt, the only viable structure on the site. Facilities are rustic with “noflush” toilets and stand-alone washing stations.
Mansfield, ON (located near Terra Nova and Mansfield Ski Club)
This training is designed for people who have had some introductory experience in yoga. The course will give you a solid foundation in the fundamental principles of yoga, and help you understand the body-mind relationship from a contemporary perspective that is suited to Western comprehension and practice. This course carefully covers everything you need to know to get you started teaching, and is also suitable for those who wish to deepen their yoga practice.
1. Self-Awakening Yoga: The Expansion of Consciousness through the Body’s Own Wisdom by Don Stapleton
2. The Breathing Book: Good Health And Vitality Through Essential Breath Work by Donna Farhi
3. Moola Bandha: The Master Key by Swami Buddhananda
4. The Psoas Book by Liz Koch
5. Signing up for DevaTree’s newsletter will also give you access to yoga resources, tools, tips, and inspiration. For exposure to the DevaTree method and community, read our blog on our website.
These are recommended, not required.
This is a month-long “unplugged” intensive, beginning Tuesday July 2, 2019 at 6 pm and ending the afternoon of Wednesday July 31, 2019. The schedule runs full days Monday to Fridays, half days Saturdays and has all evenings and Sundays off. Each training day will begin with an early morning yoga class, followed by classroom sessions. Meal breaks will be provided in between sessions. The schedule has been planned to provide you with daily free time and 1.5 days off each week to integrate your experience. This free time can be spent relaxing by the pond, hiking the trails, exploring the area, or returning home to family and friends.
Sample schedule is as follows:
Arrival day Tues July 2:
• 4:00pm-6:00pm: Arrival & Set-Up
• 6:00pm-9:00pm: Evening Session
Daily schedule Monday to Friday:
• 7:00am-9:00am: Morning Yoga Practice
• 9:00am-10:00am: Breakfast Break
• 10:00am-1:00pm: Morning Session
• 1:00pm-2:30pm: Lunch Break
• 2:30pm-5:30pm: Afternoon Session
Daily schedule Saturdays:
• 7:00am-9:00am: Morning Yoga Practice
• 9:00am-10:00am: Breakfast Break
• 10:00am-1:00pm: Morning Session
*Please note: the schedule is a guide and may be modified slightly as needed.
Terra Kula Eco-Education Site
Prior to registering, please let us know if you need to miss a particular class and we will consider your situation. If illness or something unexpected occurs and you need to miss a class, homework will be assigned. Because of the time & energy involved in preparing, tracking, and reviewing homework for certification purposes, please note that there is a $40 charge for each session/topic that is missed. (Note: Multiple sessions/topics may be covered in one day.)
DevaTree School of Yoga and the Cross-Disciplinary Yoga method were founded in Canada by Tamika Schilbe & Carolyn Jyoti Burke. DevaTree has offered popular and internationally recognized trainings around the world since 2008.
At DevaTree School of Yoga we are committed to offering a training experience that is inspiring and inclusive, and that gives you the tools and techniques that you need in order to confidently and effectively teach yoga.
Some of the special features of DevaTree’s Yoga Teacher Trainings are:
1. DevaTree is registered with both Yoga Alliance and Canadian Yoga Alliance, so graduates are eligible to become Registered Yoga Teachers (RYT).
2. Our faculty have years of experience teaching yoga instructors in various settings.
3. Each training includes a comprehensive and original 250+ page manual.
4. Our trainings emphasize experiential learning, so you have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the practice of what you are learning.
5. DevaTree’s philosophy of Student Self-Determination honours your uniqueness and empowers you to deepen your practice in a way that supports your individuality and personal growth, both on and off the mat. This means you can take the teachings and apply them to your life, as well as teach the kind of yoga classes that match your interests and professional goals.
6. Graduates are featured free of charge on the Graduate Directory on the DevaTree website, where they can promote their businesses. We refer people seeking yoga classes, private sessions, and specialty offerings exclusively to our Graduate Directory.
7. The DevaTree faculty are dedicated, compassionate, and playful spirits who inspire and empower others.
8. If you are still wondering “why DevaTree?” we encourage you to reach out to graduates on our Graduate Directory and ask about their experiences in DevaTree trainings.
There are many hotels and B&Bs close by and in the surrounding area as well. As those businesses are not affiliated with Terra Kula Eco-Education Site or with DevaTree 200-hour Cross-Disciplinary™ Teacher Training, please contact those locations individually to arrange bookings and payments for accommodation. As this is a popular tourist area, during peak season, book early as rooms will fill up quickly.
A few suggestions to contact:
• Foxingham Farm B&B (705) 434-1367 Ask for Martin
• Stanton Country B&B (519) 925-0347 www.Stantonbandb.ca Ask for Shirley
• Peace Valley Ranch B&B (519) 925-6628
Attendance is required for morning practice and all classroom sessions during the training. Meal breaks, and free time during the evenings and Sundays are yours to use as you like, be that exploring the property, local area restaurants, or returning home. Please be mindful of returning on-time for sessions if you do choose to leave.
There will be an area available for minimal preparation and limited food storage. We are an “off-grid” site so conventional refrigeration is not available.
In the interest of time and available options, it is best for everyone to bring breakfast food. You may wish to bring lunch, as well, or with a little more time on that break, you may wish to explore some of the local area establishments.
There are 4 local area restaurants in the immediate vicinity offering an excellent selection of lunches:
1. Terra Nova Public House – 2 min drive on the same road (Open afternoons Wed-Sun)
2. Champ Burger – 20 min drive (Hwy 10 & Hwy 89)
3. Super Burger – 20 min drive (Hwy 10 & Hwy 89)
4. Bliss Tropical Cuisine – 25 min drive (Hwy 89)
Orangeville & Shelburne are 30 minutes away and have several grocery stores and restaurants for food and groceries.
The training cost is $3200 CAD plus HST ($3616 CAD).The tuition includes 200 hours of instruction and a comprehensive training manual. DevaTree School of Yoga is registered through Yoga Alliance, and graduates of this program are eligible to register as an RYT.
NOT INCLUDED in the package:
• Flights to Canada
•Transportation to/from the property
• Optional excursions and activities
Monthly payment plan options are available to those who register a minimum of one month prior to the start date of the program. For questions regarding the program, please contact the Program Director: firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed registration payment forms can be emailed to: email@example.com.
Money Back Guarantee Policy
We believe that this training will be transformational! If for any reason you are unsatisfied with the course after attending and participating fully in two full days of the training, we will refund your tuition in full, minus a 10% attendance fee. In order to refund your tuition, we ask that you comply with the following requirements: 1) Inform your program director, both in person and in writing, of your withdrawal from the program. 2) If you missed any sessions before you withdrew, any homework assigned must be completed and submitted. 3) Return your course manual to your program director. Once these requirements have been met, your refund will be processed within two weeks.
A non-refundable program deposit of $565 CAD is required to reserve your spot in the training. This is to be accompanied by the Training Application form.
For Canadian participants, preferred method of payment is interac e-Transfer. Cheque payable to Summit College is also accepted. Please refer to question #17, item #3 for further details about paying your program balance.
Reserving your accommodations at any local area hotel or B&B is a separate process and is to be booked directly with the facility chosen
Once you have received confirmation by phone or email that there is space open in the training, and have placed a deposit, please feel free to either use your own travel agent or web-booking, or contact the Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org for recommendations. Pearson International Airport is approximately 1 hour away and the Grey-Bruce Airbus offers daily shuttles to Shelburne. We recommend booking your flight so that you arrive in Toronto on the afternoon of Monday July 1, 2019.
Even though the property is “off-grid”, there is cell phone reception. Please be sure your cell phone is charged, or bring a solar charger with you while on site.
• Yoga mat
• Eye pillow or cover
• Your favourite blanket
• Water bottle (insulated if you have it)
• Breakfast food/Light snacks/Lunch – for before/after morning yoga practice & breaks in between sessions
• Eco-friendly/natural Bug spray (essential oils ONLY, no OFF or DEET)
• Eco-friendly/natural Sunblock ONLY, sunglasses, sunhat
• Dr. Bronner’s (or other) bio-degradable Natural Soap
• Journal & pen
• Comfortable walking shoes/sandals (although “Earthing” is very in, so you may wish to kick of your shoes and go barefoot for the stay!)
*please be mindful of the natural environment and bring only natural/bio-degradable products for bathing, sun-protection, bug spray, etc.
1) Confirm that there is space in the program: contact our Program Director at email@example.com
2) Download and complete the Program Application available on our website or complete the on-line application.
3) Submit your Application Form and payment plan form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate your preferred method of payment (interac e-transfer, cheque or credit card) on your Registration Payment form and whether you plan on paying in full or pay through the payment plan option. A non-refundable deposit is required to process your registration. If you choose to pay in full, the balance of your tuition is due four weeks prior to the start of the program. If you choose to pay through a payment plan your nonrefundable deposit payment of $565 is due immediately, followed by 6 equal payments of $538.50.
|200 hr YTT Payment Options|
|Deposit (due upon registration)||Balance||Total Tuition||Payment Deadline|
|Pay in Full||$565 CAD||$3,051CAD||$3,616.00 CAD||Balance is due 4 weeks prior to the program start date.|
|Payment Plan (Includes $30/payment processing fee)||$565 CAD||6 equal payments of $538.50 CAD||$3796.00 CAD||Payment Plan dates will be coordinated via email upon receiving your registration and deposit.|
The payment form can be scanned and emailed to email@example.com. If you do not have a scanner or fax machine with scanning capabilities, you can take a high quality photo of your form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your registration is complete only when both the application and payment form have been submitted to Terra Kula. We cannot guarantee spaces for people who submit partial registration.
4) We offer three different payment methods. You may pay your tuition by:
In the event of a cancellation, the balance of the training cost is refundable, less the nonrefundable deposit, if cancellation occurs 15 days or more prior to the start date of the program. All refunds will be subject to a 10% administration fee. For cancellations made 15 days or less prior to the start date of the training, all tuition paid is non-refundable. If cancellation is due to urgent medical or compassionate circumstances (defined as death of immediate family member, natural disaster, or life-threatening illness), consideration for a transferable credit will be given. Students who wish to transfer their deposit to a subsequent program must submit their request to transfer 15 or more days before the start of the program. For course transfers, a 10% administration fee applies; transferring registration to a different program is permitted only once.